BIO: Eugene McGhee is a Chicago-based bassist and music educator.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are." Max De Pree
DON'T FOLLOW. LEAD.
This week we're focusing on leadership and how it affects our life and the lives around us.
- How many of us feel stuck in a job that we hate?
- How many of us stay in unhealthy relationships for far too long?
- How many of us suddenly wake up one day and ask “where did my 20's, 30's, 40's, etc. go?"
THE REASON IS VERY SIMPLE.
Many of us choose to FOLLOW our life rather than to become the LEADER of it.
If WE aren't leader of our lives, then who is? How do we expect to live life fully if we don't take charge of where it's heading?
YOUR ACTION STEPS THIS WEEK:
1) Take an assessment of the things in life you are a LEADER of and which you are a FOLLOWER of. Think about your commitments, jobs, relationships, friendships, family, responsibilities, hobbies, etc.
2) For the things/people in your life you’ve just thought of, is your role (Follower, Leader) serving that thing/person at the highest level possible? Would changing roles improve or hurt the situation?
3) Is there a particular area in life that you seem to just coast through without contributing positively to? Why is this? Comfort? Laziness? Fear?
4) How can you become the LEADER of your career, relationships, friendships, on the bandstand, in your commitments, and in life? How can you inspire others around you to fulfill their potential through leading the way for them?
5) What is the first, smallest single action that you can take TODAY to move towards becoming the leader of your life?
6) Don't skip this part. Ask yourself honestly: Is life happening TO you or BECAUSE of you?
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please share this with the ONE person in your life who could benefit from it and suggest they sign up for the weekly dose!