How Do I Choose The Right Drum Stick For My Needs? | Ask The Drummer Podcast #010
Johnny from Indianapolis asks about selecting a drum stick. Do you pick a versatile stick for all genres or do you use different sticks for different gigs? In this episode, I discuss the 6 factors that go into drum stick design, and how you can use this information to find the right stick for the job.
MENTIONED IN THIS PODCAST:
After listening to this episode, I’d recommend browsing the website of your favorite stick company to see what options they offer.
Full disclosure: I proudly endorse Promark Drum Sticks and recommend them for both the quality and consistency of the sticks they produce.
To see exactly which sticks I use, click HERE. To check out their full drum stick catalog, visit www.promark.com. Be sure to take special note of the "Select Balance” series, which I highly recommend checking out.
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE:
2) In Browser
DRUMMERS... WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A DRUM STICK?
- How do YOU select a drum stick?
- What are your favorite types/brands?
- What do you wish stick companies offered that currently doesn't exist?
- What are your thoughts on wood vs. nylon tips?
- Do you like a stick that gives you more power or more speed?
- Do you use one stick for all gigs, or do you change which sticks you use depending on the gig?
Enter your thoughts/tips in the comments section below. I may choose to read your comments on a future episode of the ATD podcast!